Monday, January 05, 2015

Clarification

I worked for a newspaper editor who reacted to any perceived criticism from readers among the letters to the editor with a temper tantrum and a stern lecture. Printed beneath each offending note was his italicized response, often several times the length of the original letter. Of this editor, a friend rightly remarked: “He’s the only guy I’ve ever known who swaggers when he’s sitting down.” 

I bring this up only because I wish to clarify the function of comments at Anecdotal Evidence. That part of the blog is the reader’s real estate, not mine. I will never leave a comment on my own blog. To do so would seem self-centered in the extreme and, well, swaggering. I’ve already had my chance to say something. I’m happy to correspond with any reader but to do so I need your email address. 

No comments: